Sunday, February 22, 2009

Peacefulness....For Now...

You know, it's very rare that I ever buy anything for me. I get such a high from buying for Hannah or Abel that buying for me, makes me feel guilty. Same thing with when people give me stuff, I get this huge guilt trip going on in my mind and I never mean to offend people by refusing their gifts but I can't help it, I hate getting stuff. I know, I'm odd. LoL. Believe me, I know this by now.
But this tax refund we got back more than we ever expected and after paying a few bills and putting a big chunk away in savings, we were left with a decent amount so Abel and I split it. And I for once was able to spend money on myself. Which is great because my big belly was getting too big for my pants. And we won't even start on the war with my boobs. I was perfectly happy with my size and now I have to move up a size and I know they'll only get bigger once I begin breastfeeding. Most people would be happy. I on the other hand fight with my chest as it is so maaaan....*grumble grumble* Yeah we won't go there...Lol.
But I got a new camera finally (insert HUGE grin here) and of course a new cell phone. It's the first time in my life I have gotten to get something sort of top of the line you know? It was...nice for once. Of course I still feel guilty but Abel says I'll get over it once they get here.
We went to Target which I hate shopping at but it was the only place to be and I accomplished a few needs there as well. Hannah's room has officially begun the redecorating phase! Hooray! I'm so upset though. Did you know that they have no cute bedding for a full size bed? I realize that yes my daughter is 2 and yes she technically should be in a toddler or twin size bed but as we had 3 beds here when w moved in and I needed to set up her crib for new baby, she got stuck with a full size bed. Which in her case is great because somehow Miss Tornado ends up in the oddest positions and sometimes at the completely opposite end of the bed where I placed her the night before. But to find Disney Princesses or Tinkerbell in a full size bed? Forget about it...Luckily Target carries them but they were out of the comforters so I now get to order via online. I'm just bummed that there isn't much of a selection you know?
So now today is a mellow hang out day. I'm bored but waiting for my dad to come home from the hospital finally. I sent the husband to get him two hours ago so I could quickly clean up the house, haha. And shower. And now I'm still waiting....
I'm doing fine still with pregnancy and all. Although if you want a clear picture of how my luck runs, have you ever heard of PUPPP? I had it with Hannah. It's a rash and you itch all the time. every moment of life until the moment you give birth, constant itching. It's great because in another week or so I should look like a meth addict with scabs every inch of my body from scratching so much. It's fabulous!! Well you're only supposed to get it in the 35th week of pregnancy and only in the first pregnancy. Guess who beat both of those. Ha! ME! But I shall not complain. I am still pregnant and am able to keep this baby so I am thankful for even this misery of PUPPP. I have another week and a day or two before next appointment. Do you think at 15 weeks and 4 days they'd be able to tell me if it's a boy? LoL. Fat chance huh? Bummer...Abel leaves in 3 weeks for his classes in Minneapolis and I really don't want to find out what I'm having without him (he'll be gone for a few weeks) and I really don't want to wait for him to get back to find out, LoL. Aren't I the best wife ever? LoL.
Anyways, I'm hungry and there's some leftover chicken in my fridge that is screaming my name. I hear it loud and clear so I'm off to gorge myself! LoL. I send my love to all and hope everyone is doing well. And I shall update another day!
*Beckie*

4 comments:

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

watch that puppp it can trun into somethin'

Justine said...

Good for you that you've bought yourself some stuff! You'll really enjoy that new camera, for sure.

I think maybe they can tell the sex at 15 weeks. I don't remember now!

Justine :o )

Jill said...

I am so glad you did some shopping for yourself! Doesn't it feel good? I very rarely buy anything besides the things I need to survive for myself so I know exactly how you feel!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Enjoy the peacefulness while it lasts. I'm so glad that you were able to get a new cell phone and a new camera!!

Hugs!!