Sunday, February 28, 2010

Getting To Know You

So I have found yet another thing I'd like to do. Keely has a weekly game called Getting To Know You. She asks a few questions, you answer on your blog and link up to hers and wham! Good stuff! :) Here's my go at it...

~~~Questions~~~
1. Would you rather bungee jump or sky dive?
You know, neither one actually tickles my feather. The sky diving seems like fun but I know that I would get up there and chicken out. That or die of a heart attack on the way down. If I had some bravery, I might choose sky diving. Less chance of whiplash that way I suppose...

2. When using a public restroom to you squat over the seat or sit?
I giggled a little bit when I read this. I really am naive enough to have thought I was the only person to actually hover over a toliet seat when it isn't the one in my home. I hover over it. Granted the door handle of said restroom has more germs on it than the toliet seat but still. I try not to use any restroom other than the one in my house but when we go out of town (2 hours from home) sometimes, it isn't possible to last an entire day without urinating.

3. Favorite flower?
Easy one. Carnations. Pink or yellow carnations are my absolute favorites. They smell great, look better than any flower and aren't too played out.

4. Pedicure or manicure?
I have never had a manicure but just got a pedicure last week and from that information alone, I simply must choose pedicure. My feet look better, feel better and don't snag on my sheets when I am in bed. Plus how great is it that you can get an hour long massage and scrub on your feet and not be expected to return it? In my house, teh only way I get a foot rub is if I rub my husband's feet at the same time or directly before or after.

5. How many siblings do you have?
Technically I have 2 half sisters. I only claim one of them. She is a twit and stopped talking to me when I was in the 5th grade. She has no contact with me or my father (she's his daughter from his first wife) and I have very deep angry and hurt issues with that. My mother tells me I'm selfish. I don't care what it sounds like. When I was younger, my dad and I hardly got along. So I had to put up with years of crap, had to deal with years of dealing with a drunk and driving him home from the bars and dragging him to his bed after he passed out (all while I was maybe 8). Now we get along wonderfully, he doesn't drink anymore and I get to take care of him, and she's still not around. I heard rumor of her wanting to get back in touch and while I'm a firm believer in second chances, she wrote me off for no reason so i write her off. If she had beef with my father fine, but why write me off? Family doesn't just ditch you and come back 20-something years later expecting everything to be great and forgiven. So as far as I'm concerned, I have nothing there. My other Sister, Stephanie is 21, has two kids and a recovering meth addict. She's cleaning up her life and dealing with my gorgeous neieces who I am in absolute love with. I'm proud of her but still very nervous because she's tried to be clean and sober a few times and fell back on the meth wagon so everyday she remains clean is a great time for me. I love her to pieces, we just don't have a very close reletionship sadly...My messed up family history for ya...

6. Do you pee in the shower? (gasp!)
I used to. I'm not ashamed. Something about hopping in teh shower and that warm water...But alas, then I had children and had to teach them clean hygiene and decided that maybe peeing in the shower could be defined as gross so we pee before showering and then hop in. It took effect because Hannah gets out to pee which is a great things as sometimes, I still shower with her and stepping in someone else's urine is not my favorite thing ever.

7. Bikini, tankini, or one piece?
Ugh. One piece with a pair of Abel's knee length shorts and then a baggy t-shirt over it. Actually two years ago was the last time I wore a bathing suit and it was teh shorts with a bikini top and I have to say, I didn't look too bad. This year though, I will go without teh shorts and shirt. One piece still, I'm not THAT brave. Buts till...That's my goal :)

8. Where do you hate to shop at, but go there anyway?
I honestly hate shopping at Menard's or Home Depot or Lowe's. Too much crap that I'm not interested in. It isn't even fun to browse! Stick me in a Walmart and I'd be good all day long! But sometimes we have to buy house stuff or appliances so we have to go shopping at those stores...Dirty man stores...

Well there you go. A little bit more about me! Hope I didn't scare you off! Now go see Keely and do it too! Lots of love!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi Beckie - I am participating today too. I said home depot also! I would rather just sit in the car then go in that story!!!

Nocona said...

Yea I think I will add Lowes and Home Depo to my list of non favorite places too.

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

awesome answers!

Justine said...

This was fun! I'll admit, I pee in the shower once in a blue moon, but only if I really really have to go. They say pee is great for your skin, but I don't see any improvement in my jacked-up feet...

Justine :o )