Sunday, March 28, 2010

Getting To Know You Sunday

Yay! Another Sunday, another Getting To Know You courtesy of Mannland This week Mannland has a guest MAN blogger asking the questions, so you know they will be interesting, haha. You know what to do, read, comment, visit, link up, do. You know, same old, same old....Have fun!!!


The questions

1 - Why did you start blogging?
Honestly? I started 5 years ago, before I got married. I had found a bunch of my old friends from another state and it was fun catching up but life made it too hectic to sit down and write e-mails so we did blogs every week dedicated to each other and anyone else who cared. Good old myspace, it was the beginning of an obsession, haha.

2 - Who's the one blog friend that you would want to meet most in "real life"?
I can't. I would love to meet all of my blog friends. I know typical answer, but it's honest. My Sassy friend because we've been friends for a long while now and she hasn't left me yet. I'm not to weird for her, we share the same interests and simply put I have fallen in love with our friendship. I vent and she stays and listens and helps me feel better. Not many people can or will do that.
Gucci Mama herself because she's been the start of it all really. I met Sassy through her. She shared so much of her life with all of us and I felt so privileged. Shes like a celebrity to me. And when I get a comment or an e-mail or sometimes, one of her amazing gifts, it's like that teenage high school squeal comes out and I'm jumping up and down going "I can't believe it OMG!!!" LoL. She's sincere and amazing and her e-mails have meant so much to me. It's great knowing there is someone else out there who has gone through the same things that I have and can walk with me through many things and never leave. Like Sassy, she lets me be me and doesn't run away. Nor does she hate me when I attempt to "fight" for her or be somewhat "wise" haha.
And of course Justine. She is crazy fun, always has a sense of humor and if you needed someone to have your back, this woman would fight to the death. She has so much passion and just a bright amazing attitude it draws me near her. She was my first bloggy person I ever, ever followed and I love her to pieces. Plus, it's always a bonus when someone else has a Farmville addiction too, LoL.

3 - Why are you always concerned with losing that "extra 10 pounds" when chances are your husband/boyfriend/friends tell you that you look just fine the way you are?
Okay so this is tricky. I don't want my husband to sound like a pig. But we have both discussed how I would like to look and how much weight I would like to lose and he keeps me balanced. He doesn't want me to kill myself to be 20 pounds lighter than what I should be. But he also agrees that right now, I'm not at the weight I was at when we met. In fact, I let myself go because of having kids and not caring. So we both created a feasible weight loss goal and that's what I'm orking towards. I always swore once I hit it, I would be satisfied but I can feel the greed hitting and thinking "wow, I am going to hit my goal, what about just ten pounds more?" I think it's just the happiness that I can do it and the greed of just a little bit more that does it. Honestly, my weight doesn't bug me, I wear it well. It's the pants size that I'm working towards. I'm tired of double digits. I want an 8 darn it!!!

4 - What's the one thing you wish guys could understand about you?
About me personally? Hmmm...That I am not a flirt!!!! I playfully flirt yes but it doesn't mean anything and I'm tired of everyone thinking that. I didn't have many girl friends growing up because they were too much drama. Still don't and yes, they still are. So I hang with the guys. No I don't want any other guy other than mine. And no I don't flirt with your man to flirt. Women think it's flirting but it's just being playful. I don't know how to defend myself without coming across as a whore. Next!

5 - Tattoos. How many do you have and how many are visible when you wear your "everyday" clothes?
I have one. For now. And it doesn't show unless I pull down my pants, LoL. Which doesn't ever happen. Yes. I own a tramp stamp. But in my defense, I got it before it was named that. And I had it before it was cool to get them there. Therefore, I do not own a tramp stamp but a tattoo on my lower back thankyouverymuch! It's cute and I helped design a part of it. Kind of...But I want more. They are addicting but I do not like sleeves or full body tattoos.

6 - What was the best year of your life and why?
Hard one. I have had a few "best years". Probably 2005. I got married and found out I was pregnant all in that year. It started out fabulously and ened fabulously too.

7 - Name three things you would do if you were a man for one day.
Pee on someone. LoL. I don't care what else but I have always said men are lucky to have the equipment they do. But you never hear of people getting peed on, lol. I told Abel that and he peed on me!! Granted I was in the shower but still. Gross right? Yah he thought he was funny and giggled foor an hour over it.

8 - What's your alcoholic drink of choice that usually raises a few eyebrows?
LoL. I go to the bar to have a Smirnoff, fruity flavored, cheerleader beer and then go to Coke with grenadine in it. Sad huh? I'm such a lightweight and puke so easily that I just don't like drinking. Most drinks taste ugly anyways. I'm pathetic. I know *sigh*


3 comments:

Crystal said...

Ok so I am cracking up at the pee one!!!

Justine said...

{{{{{{{{{{Beckie}}}}}}}}}}} I am so proud to be one of your chosen chicks! I really am! You are such a warm and open person... I just love that about you. And Sassy and Steph? Man I love them!

Now I want to see your tattoo. Please? I have four and want more more more!

I cannot believe Abel peed on you. That is so beyond gross. What a MAN thing to do! ROFL

Justine :o )

Gucci Mama said...

Oh, you are so sweet. I cannot wait for the day we can meet in person! Thank you for your lovely email; now that I'm feeling well enough to actually be able to look at the computer screen I'm working on writing you back. It was lovely to hear from you. Love ya! ;)